Holistic Center Schaumburg, IL
When you are seeking holistic therapy, you should consider the Lotus Wellness Center, a holistic center Schaumburg, IL has to offer. Holistic therapy is a type of therapy that focuses on treating the whole person. Generally it integrates spiritual, physical, mental, and emotional forms of well being into the sessions with the goal of helping a client to understand themselves on all levels of their being.
Holistic therapies draw upon evidence based treatment and research, but incorporate a holistic framework. The sessions are often tailored to meet the needs of the patient, and can last between 45 minutes and 2 hours. Examples of holistic therapies offered at our Schaumburg, IL holistic center include:
- Counseling/ Psychotherapy
- Chiropractic Care
- Weight Management
- Nutritional Counselling
- Smoking Cessation
- Stress Reduction
- Migraine Care
- Pain Management
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Reiki and Energy Healing
These are just a few of many things we offer to help with. Feel free to speak with someone who works at Lotus Wellness Center to see if we can assist with your ailment and help with your health and wellness. We will try our best to pair you with someone who can help.
What Can Holistic Therapy Help With?
Holistic therapies can be beneficial for a number of mental, and physiological, health concerns. These include, but are not limited to:
- Existential Crisis
It is important to understand that you do not have to be diagnosed with a mental health condition, or be experiencing any symptoms to seek the help of a holistic center in Schaumburg, IL. Many people will benefit from therapy just because they are interested in knowing more about themselves, and how to integrate the many aspects of who they are.
Is Holistic Therapy Effective?
Holistic therapy is a broad category that includes many sub-types. Thus, to make a concrete statement about its effectiveness is difficult. That being said, there is ample research suggesting many techniques used in holistic therapy can help certain mental conditions.
For example, a published study demonstrated that Reiki and relaxation techniques were able to help patients with breast cancer to manage their pain, as well as reduce negative emotional reactions to their treatment.
As a leading holistic center in Schaumburg, IL, we have helped many patients alleviate or reduce the symptoms that were keeping them from making the most of their life.
Why Consider Alternative Therapies?
There are a number of reasons why people choose to utilize alternative, or holistic, therapies. Today, for example, up to 50 percent of people with an illness, like cancer or diabetes, try some kind of alternative therapy. Research involving many of these therapies is ongoing, but looks promising. The following is an overview around holistic therapies and their reasons for trying them.
Holistic Therapies Can Help You to Feel Better
Complementary therapies help people to feel better. For those who might have an illness or disease, these therapies tend to aid in a patients’ ability to cope with the condition. Many holistic therapies concentrate or reduce stress and induce relaxation. They might relieve anxiety, calm down emotions, and increase a person’s overall wellbeing. It is commonly thought that the more positive emotions a person has, the better their health will be.
Side Effects and Symptoms Can Be Reduced
There is a surmounting number of studies that suggest alternative therapies, including those offered at our Schaumburg, IL holistic center can assist in controlling some of the symptoms related to various conditions. For example, acupuncture can alleviate nausea and sickness caused by chemotherapy. If you have a chronic condition or symptoms from an illness, you should speak to us at a consultation to see if any of our natural treatments or therapies may be worth trying. It will be important to speak to your doctor as well to make sure you are taking care of every element of your health, but we offer many different services that can truly benefit you.
Patients Tend to Feel More in Control
Sometimes, it can feel as if a doctor is making too many decisions about a patients’ treatment. Many men and women talk about feeling as if they don’t have a lot of control over what happens to them. Alternative therapies take a proactive approach in that they ask the patient to get involved. In a sense they form a partnership with their therapist. By deciding to try natural treatments, you can attempt to pinpoint what you need assistance with and try to target it so that you can begin feeling better.
At our holistic center in Schaumburg, IL, we offer natural, safe, and non-toxic therapies. Many of our patients like this. We don’t prescribe addictive drugs, and we recommend therapies that compliment the mind and body. This can greatly benefit your health and will never hurt to try to supplement other treatments you are doing. Natural remedies can really help and give you a new lease on life by taking away frustrating pain and other health issues.
Comfort and Satisfaction
Many patients find some level of comfort and satisfaction during their holistic therapy sessions. This time offers an opportunity to talk one-to-one with a therapist who will actively listen. Patients feel like they are cared for, and that there is someone who genuinely wants to see them get better. These feelings can boost morale, self esteem, and confidence; all of which are important emotions to have.
Boosting Your Immune System
Although it is not proven, it is believed by many alternative therapists, and researchers, that some therapies can boost a person’s immune system. There is also evidence that suggests reducing stress and anxiety can also improve the body’s immune system. Natural remedies to boost your health can never hurt, and often only greatly help how you feel. We can keep adjusting your treatment plans to best help you get what you need. Sometimes it takes some time to figure out what exactly you need, but once you do it can be life changing.
Assisting in Strengthening Your Relationships
Caring for your mental and emotional wellbeing will be helpful in your interpersonal relationships. By becoming stronger and more secure, your relationships will benefit and you will see a difference in the way you handle conflict and other issues. You will also be able to communicate your feelings better and get more of what you need in relationships.
All Ages Can Benefit from these Therapies
As you can see alternative, or holistic, therapies carry many benefits. People of all ages can take advantage of them, and often notice results after just one to two sessions. What is right for you might not be right for another person. For these reasons we recommend scheduling an initial consultation with a therapist from our Schaumburg, Illinois holistic center.
How Many Sessions Should I Have?
The number of sessions needed for holistic therapy can greatly vary. Some therapies occur on a weekly basis while others happen more often or less. Some are also available on an as-needed basis. It all depends on your life circumstances, what you are looking to achieve, and how we think we can help you. Ultimately, your plan will be up to you, but sometimes it can be beneficial to have periodic sessions just to check in and see how you are doing.
Your Schaumburg, IL holistic center will help you to explore different approaches that are suited to your needs, as well as what you can expect from the treatment.
What Might Be Involved in a Holistic Therapy Session
There is an incredibly wide range of things holistic professionals can do to help your health and everyday life. Holistic therapy sessions can vary, but may include:
- Exercises based on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Chiropractic adjustments
You should set up an appointment with someone from Lotus Wellness Center in Illinois so that we can figure out a treatment plan that best helps benefit your health. We can go over many different plans depending on how much time you want to spend at our center and what you would like to get out of treatment. We can do a mix of physical and emotional therapies that compliment each other, or just focus on one or the other. It should be whatever you feel most comfortable with so that you can get the most out of holistic therapy.
Can Holistic Therapy Be Used to Compliment Other Approaches?
Absolutely. It is important to understand that Western medicine, exercise, etc. and holistic therapies are not exclusive approaches. Many patients find that combining holistic therapies with other approaches serves to amplify the effects produced by each individual tool or resource. For example, many patients with depression find that a combination of exercise, adherence to certain dietary approaches, medication (when necessary to treat certain comorbidities associated with depression), and holistic therapy allows for a “total approach” that meets their needs better than any one or two of these approaches can on their own.
What Do Holistic Therapies Consist Of?
You may be interested in trying some of the therapies listed above but may also want to have a better understanding of what these therapies entail before “jumping into” any or all of them. Here is a guide to some of the more popular holistic therapies in use today:
- Meditation – According to Headspace, meditation involves “training in awareness and getting a healthy sense of perspective. You’re not trying to turn off your thoughts or feelings. You’re learning to observe them without judgment. And eventually, you may start to better understand them as well.”
- Mindfulness – Meditation and mindfulness go hand and hand, but are not the same thing. Whereas meditation is a concentrated practice that is generally approached whenever one can find a quiet, calm place to seek peace for a specific amount of time, mindfulness can be practiced anywhere, at any time. According to Mindful.org, “Mindfulness is the basic human ability to be fully present, aware of where we are and what we’re doing, and not overly reactive or overwhelmed by what’s going on around us. Mindfulness is a quality that every human being already possesses, it’s not something you have to conjure up, you just have to learn how to access it.”
- Acupuncture – Acupuncture involves the insertion of very thin needles into the skin in an effort to treat pain, depression, and other conditions. This form of Chinese medicine has been in active use for thousands of years.
- Acupressure – Acupressure functions much like acupuncture sans needles. Manual pressure applied to specific parts of the body helps to serve many of the same functions as acupuncture does.
- Massage – Massage, like acupressure, involves applying manual pressure to the body. Whereas acupressure focuses primarily on specific points on the body, massage can relieve tension, break up fascia, and help to restore the body as a whole. Some massages focus on certain body parts (back, neck, and feet, commonly) but can also be pursued as a whole body experience.
- Reiki – As defined by the well-respected Cleveland Clinic, Reiki involves “hands-on natural healing using the universal life force energy. The term comes from the Japanese words “rei,” meaning universal, and “ki,” which means vital life force energy that flows through all living things. Reiki, an abundant, gentle spiritual energy is not tied to any specific religion or nationality.“
- Aromatherapy – This approach involves using essential oils – primarily derived from plant extracts – to promote health and wellbeing. Oftentimes, aromatherapy is used simultaneously during a meditation or mindfulness practice and/or during a massage, acupressure, acupuncture, or bodywork session.
There are many other different therapies that we use often, so it will be important to speak with someone at our office to find the best for you.
Explore Our Holistic Center by Calling the Lotus Wellness Center
If you are interested in exploring your options for holistic therapy treatments, please contact our holistic center in Schaumburg, Illinois today. Call the Lotus Wellness Center to set up a consultation and see how we can help you.