Virtual Counseling Palatine IL
While many therapy services in Illinois and across the country had already begun offering online therapy and virtual counseling services, the recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic with social distancing and stay at home regulations in place have made online therapy and virtual counseling the only way for a patient and therapist to meet these days. At Lotus Wellness Center, our staff is committed to all our patients’ wellbeing and are offering virtual counseling as part of our continuing support.
The following is a brief overview of how Palatine IL virtual counseling works. For more detailed information, please contact our office.
Different Types of Virtual Counseling and Online Therapy
There are a variety of different types of online therapy options available on a variety of different platforms, including:
At Lotus Wellness Center, the virtual counseling platform we provide to our patients is HIPAA compliant. While the service may feel a little awkward at first, our Palatine IL virtual counseling offers the following benefits:
- Convenience: With virtual counseling, there is no commute needed, dealing with traffic. Your appointment is done right from the comfort of your own home, surrounded by your favorite items.
- Flexibility: Your virtual counseling appointments can be done from any phone, tablet, or computer anywhere you are located at the time of your appointment.
- Effectiveness: Virtual counseling has been shown to be just as effective as in-office counseling.
- Better hours: With virtual counseling in Palatine IL, you will likely have a better choice of hours to choose from for your appointments since you can be anywhere when it is time to “meet” with your therapist.
- Couples therapy: Unlike in-office counseling where both partners need to be present, virtual counseling allows each partner to log into the appointment from different locations. This is also true for family therapy. Virtual counseling allows all the family members to participate and log in from different locations.
- Illness: If you are sick or not feeling well, you are more likely to cancel your in-office therapy session, but with virtual counseling, you can still meet with your therapist from the comfort of your own home if you are up to it. This also applies to patients who suffer from chronic pain.
- Depression: We understand our patients who suffer from depression often have days where they don’t even feel like getting out of bed. Days like these can sometimes hamper one’s ability to make it to an in-office counseling appointment. Virtual counseling can help take that pressure of getting ready, leaving the house, and traveling to an appointment since you can participate right at home. This can also be very helpful for patients who struggle with anxiety, agoraphobia, or other issues.
Patients may be concerned regarding payment for virtual counseling in Palatine IL, however, most insurance companies will cover the service with the same coverage you had for in-office visits. Check with your insurance company and your therapist to verify.