Depression Therapy Lake Zurich, IL
The Benefits of Therapy for Depression
- Are you feeling sad, lonely, confused, anxious, or overwhelmed?
- Do you feel like you are lost?
- Have you isolated yourself from others?
- Are you feeling like you need to talk to someone?
If you answered ‘yes’, to any of the above, depression therapy Lake Zurich, IL clinic, Lotus Wellness Center may be able to help you. This type of therapy is used to identify the contributors of the depression, and learn effective coping techniques that manage or alleviate the symptoms of the condition.
Is Lake Zurich, Illinois Depression Therapy Right for You?
It is important to understand that everyone will experience some level of sadness, depression, or anxiety at some point in their life. These emotions are common and natural reactions to a difficult time. When these emotions linger for several weeks or more, it might be time to consider therapy sessions.
Symptoms of Depression
If you are experiencing at least one of the following symptoms, or you find that any of the symptoms below are interfering with your daily life, please consider depression therapy in Lake Zurich, IL.
- You experience feelings of depression, sadness, apathy, or loneliness on a frequent basis
- You feel less excited about situations, experiences, or events that you used to enjoy
- You often feel worthless or helpless
- You feel tired throughout the day
- You struggle with concentration and focus
- You find it difficult to make decisions
- You find it difficult to fall asleep or get good sleep
- You have had significant changes in your weight
- You are frequently irritable
- You think about death or suicide
There is no shame in being diagnosed with depression. In fact, a diagnosis is often the first step towards feeling better. A professional therapist can assess your symptoms, lifestyle, background, medical history, family history, and even the biology of your brain to help you understand potential factors that contributed to the depression.
If you suffer from any of the above, please consider sessions for depression therapy in Lake Zurich, IL. In your sessions, you and your therapist may focus on:
- Behavioral therapy (what you do)
- Cognitive therapy (what you think about)
- Solution focused therapy (how things can get better)
- How to meet your emotional needs
- How to resolve immediate problems
You and your therapist will also identify triggers, as well as practice coping techniques that can alleviate your symptoms. Sometimes medication will be recommended; however, this is discussed on a case by case basis. In addition to this, natural treatments like meditation, yoga, or exercise might be recommended.
If you are interested in depression therapy in Lake Zurich, IL, please call the Lotus Wellness Center.