Counseling Inverness, IL
When dealing with the stressors of life, you may be looking for the right kind of counseling Inverness, IL offers. At the Lotus Wellness Center, we understand that time is tough for people emotionally, especially right now. You may be going through different hardships like financial struggles, difficulties dealing with the loss of a loved one, or you may not be able to pinpoint exactly what is causing your sadness and anxiety. Whatever you are feeling, know that you do not need to show up to counseling with the answers. We will work with you to help you discover answers to why you may be feeling a certain way and how you can learn to deal with and cope with your emotions. Interested in seeing if counseling is right for you? Please call us now.
Choosing to Go to Counseling
Deciding that counseling may be right for you is not easy. You may take a while to come to terms with the fact that counseling can help you. In some cases, depression and anxiety are a result of the circumstances you are in. Once these circumstances change, you may feel “back to normal” and ready to move on. However, if that is not the case for you, that’s okay. It means you may need extra help to get through a difficult situation. You may be wondering: what are some signs that it is time to go to counseling? Consider the following:
- You have noticed that your mood, attitude, or thoughts are beginning to negatively affect essential things in your life, like your relationships, your work, or your school.
- You spend a great deal of time thinking about your life’s problems, but you haven’t found a way to make these problems go away.
- You have found ways to help you cope with your life issues, but they involve bad habits, like drinking or harming yourself.
- You are concerned that the only way to get rid of your life’s problems is to end your life.
Our Inverness, Illinois counseling center is here when you need us. We understand that overwhelming feelings cause you to become anxious or exhausted. You may even feel so uncomfortable that you don’t want to be around other people. This isn’t always easy to deal with, and you should not have to go through that on your own.
Are you interested in learning more about how counseling could help you? Give the trusted Inverness, IL counseling team at the Lotus Wellness Center a try by calling our office now.
Preparing for Mental Health Counseling
Counseling Inverness, IL residents depend on from the Lotus Wellness Center may be a way to begin managing feelings of depression and the symptoms that come with it. Depression can come in many forms, and it will be important that those living with depression make an effort to manage their illness. Unfortunately, avoiding the problem may only make matters worse, and some acute situations may become persistent over time, resulting in severe clinical depression. Working with one of our trusted and experienced clinicians can provide several strategies for coping with depression. While the first appointment with a counselor may be daunting, it’s a step in the right direction towards better wellness. Our team can help take the guesswork out of taking the first step towards seeking treatment by preparing you for what to expect from your first appointment. We understand that the process of healing can be a long and arduous path, and we are here to support you every step of the way.
Coping with Depression
Depression can take on several forms; in many situations, depression may be acute, resulting in feelings of loss, worthlessness, and more. This can impact a person’s everyday life, and when the proper steps are not taken, the condition can become persistent. Accessing counseling in Inverness, IL, can help patients develop coping skills and appropriately manage their condition. However, when left untreated or when a person is unable to cope adequately, their condition may worsen, resulting in significant or persistent depressive disorders. Depending upon how depression is presenting and impacting you, many strategies may be recommended, including:
- Seeking therapy
- Developing a strong network of supports
- Practicing wellness
- Engaging in activities, you used to enjoy
- Keeping stress under control
It can be easy for someone experiencing mental health issues to try to avoid the issue. Despite your best efforts, this may result in more profound problems that can be incredibly impactful to how a person functions on an everyday basis. Our team of clinicians will work to assist patients in practicing mindfulness, focusing on relaxation, building coping skills, and increasing overall life satisfaction.
What to Expect of Your First Appointment
Navigating the challenges of life can feel overwhelming, and for those living with depression, even the most menial tasks can feel challenging. Once you have chosen a therapist and scheduled a session, the first therapy appointment may be one such situation. In some cases, understanding what to expect from the first counseling session may help demystify the process and ease some of the anxiety you may be experiencing. Keep in mind the following when preparing for your first appointment with our team:
- You will have some paperwork to fill out. This may be sent to you before the appointment or completed at the time of the meeting. Your counselor will ask that you provide HIPAA releases, insurance information, consent to treat, and more.
- Your therapist will outline their approach to treatment
- Prepare to answer a lot of questions about your symptoms
- Information about your history
- An established course of treatment, including the frequency of visits
- You may experience a rollercoaster of emotions
- It may take some time to feel comfortable
Mistakes to Avoid When Going to Counseling
If you’re struggling with your mental health, you may have decided to go to counseling in Inverness, IL. Speaking to a stranger about your problems may be intimidating at first, but it can be very beneficial. Here are some common mistakes you should avoid when going to counseling.
- Not being completely honest: Whether you’re going to counseling for depression or obsessive-compulsive disorder, it’s important to be truthful with your counselor. If you leave certain details out, your counselor can’t help you to the best of his or her ability. You shouldn’t feel too embarrassed to tell your counselor anything because he or she has heard it all before. Remember that your counselor is there to help you, not judge you.
- Expecting a quick fix: While it would be great if a counselor could solve all of your problems in one session, it’s just not realistic. It takes considerable time and patience to work through your issues. If you expect a quick fix from counseling, you are only setting yourself up for disappointment.
- Not doing your homework: During counseling in Inverness, IL, your counselor may assign you homework to complete at home. For instance, he or she may ask you to write about your feelings in a journal every day. Although this homework might seem tedious at times, it’s designed for your best interest in mind. To get the most out of counseling, you should always complete the homework your counselor assigns you.
- Waiting too long to seek counseling: A mistake many people make is waiting too long to seek help. They might wait to see if their problems go away before you go to counseling. This is a big mistake. Most mental health problems rarely go away on their own, so professional help is often necessary. If you are truly struggling with your mental health, don’t wait any longer to see a counselor.
- Thinking you can’t afford counseling: Unfortunately, some people who may truly benefit from counseling in Inverness, IL don’t consider it because they don’t believe they can afford it. However, counseling is more affordable than you think and is a great investment. Many health insurance companies also cover it.
- Not speaking up when you disagree with your counselor: There may be times when you don’t agree with what your counselor says, and that’s perfectly alright. However, you should always speak up when this happens.
Eight Ways To Cope With Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
Most people breathe from their chests, creating faster, shallower breaths that can contribute to Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) anxiety. When you enter into counseling in Inverness, IL, your therapist may suggest taking slow, even, deep breaths from your diaphragm. When you see your stomach moving in and out, you’ll know you’re doing it right.
When you seek counseling in Inverness, IL, at the Lotus Wellness Center, your therapist may have a list of ways you could distract yourself when PTSD symptoms start flaring up. These could include:
- Making a list of self-care activities you could do
- Counting backward from 1,000 by 13s
- Practicing tai chi
- Solving a jigsaw puzzle
- Listing everything you see around you
- Listening to your favorite album
- Coloring in an adult coloring book
When you’re in counseling in Inverness, IL, your therapist may recommend journaling as a means of locating your PTSD triggers. A trigger is an event that sets off your symptoms, which may include:
- Crippling anxiety
- Nightmares about the traumatic event
- Flashbacks where you relive the event
- Obsessive thoughts about the event
At Lotus Wellness Center, your therapist may suggest practicing mindfulness to help cope with PTSD symptoms. It’s more difficult for obsessive thoughts to creep in when you’re focusing all your attention on what you’re doing at the moment.
Progressive Muscle Relaxation
Progressive muscle relaxation involves clenching and releasing muscle groups one by one. When you do this, the muscles become more relaxed than they were when you started. Tight muscles can be a symptom of PTSD-induced anxiety.
You can’t fix what you don’t know. Self-monitoring helps you keep up with your PTSD triggers and the best ways to alleviate the symptoms once you’re triggered. Keep a journal of what was happening when you first noticed anxiety, flashbacks or obsessive thoughts and what you did to relieve those symptoms.
Everyone has different methods of self-soothing. Sometimes it’s laying under a weighted blanket. Other times, it could be using a fidget toy. It could also be meditating, deep breathing or mindfulness. Keep track of what works best for you in different circumstances.
Staying connected with friends and family can reduce the severity of your PTSD. When you receive counseling in Inverness, IL, at the Lotus Wellness Center, your therapist may recommend that you schedule “catch up dates” with your loved ones, to keep up on what’s happening in each others’ lives.
Preparing for Your First Therapy Session
If you are nervous about starting counseling sessions in Inverness, Illinois, we understand. Beginning the process of opening up to someone else can be extremely difficult. You may not even realize you are nervous about starting therapy until you begin preparing to go to your first appointment. This is completely normal. However, you want to get the most out of your appointment and may want to prepare in advance so that you are as comfortable as possible. Here are a few things you can do.
- Take a minute for appreciation. This means take a minute to reflect on the fact that you are taking this step. You can’t start going to counseling for anyone but you. You may know that you have the nicest therapist out there but that will not make this leap any easier. It takes courage and bravery to set up your appointment and go.
- Know it’s confidential. With rare exceptions (if you are a threat to yourself or others), a counselor is legally bound to keep what you say private. This should give you confidence when speaking with your therapist that they are not going to tell others or put you at risk when you divulge information to them.
- Make a list. This does not have to be a long list. However, it can help you to think about what you hope to get out of counseling before you actually go to your session. Your counselor may ask you this and you may be more prepared if you think about it beforehand. This list of goals can change and shift over time and there is nothing wrong with that.
- Have appropriate expectations. You will not be “healed” after your first session. In fact, therapy won’t fix all of your problems. Instead, it allows you the opportunity to reflect on your life and what inward changes you can make. If you can identify the root cause of problems, you can begin confronting them with the right tools.
- The counselor is there to help. This is important. When a person falls into a “funk” or is sad, it can be easy to go on the defensive and think that others are not on your side. Your counselor is absolutely on your side and wants to see you thrive. The questions they ask may hit a raw nerve or expose issues that are complicated and hurtful. This is not to hurt you but to help you develop appropriate ways to cope and overcome your problems.
Unfortunately, many may be resistant to treatment from a therapist or continue to put off finding an experienced professional. As a result, prospective patients may see their condition worsen, which may cause more outstanding issues and a more significant impact on a person’s life and those who love them. The Lotus Wellness Center can help you navigate life’s challenges and get on the road to healing and better wellness. At our practice, we apply a holistic approach to your treatment and partner with you to achieve your therapeutic goals. To receive counseling offered in Inverness, Illinois, schedule an intake with our office today.
How To Set Goals in Therapy
Setting goals helps many people succeed in therapy. By having an end goal in mind, you will find it’s much easier to sort through your emotions. While identifying objectives will make your treatment plan simpler to follow, it can be difficult to come up with something reasonable.
Find Your General Goal
As you’re first starting to set your goals for therapy, you should choose something very broad. A big objective for your counseling in Inverness, IL, will help you narrow down what you truly need to focus on. These intentions can be something like, “I want to have better coping mechanisms,” or “I want to learn how to treat my depression.” General plans like these will allow your Lotus Wellness Center counselor to better understand your mental state and where you want to get to.
Choose a Starting Point
Once you have your general goal set, it’s time to find your starting point. This will mainly be in the hands of your therapist, but the two of you will need to find a place where you’re comfortable starting. It should be a small step that won’t overwhelm you, such as taking your medicine. Going to counseling in Inverness, IL, will help you begin your healing. Finding a starting point also requires identifying exactly what the status of your mental health is. This process can be painful, but the professionals at Lotus Wellness Center will help you get through it so you can improve.
Make an Action Plan
Once you’ve chosen your starting point, you need to make a plan of action. Again, this will mainly be in the hands of your therapist, but it’s up to you to tell him or her if you’re comfortable with everything. This initial plan will be the basis for your treatment, so it’s important to get this right. Counseling in Inverness, IL, will help you figure out where you stand and how to get to where you want to be.
Take the First Step
Finally, you need to take your first step toward healing. No matter what you’re recovering from, the action of moving toward a better place is what will really set you up for success. By getting counseling in Inverness, IL, you’ll be able to take these steps in a controlled, safe manner that won’t leave you feeling vulnerable. If you’re ready to improve your mental health, reach out to Lotus Wellness Center to get started.
Common Misconceptions About Mental Health Counseling
If you struggle with your mental health, you may be thinking about going to counseling in Inverness, IL. However, you may have heard some myths about it that are preventing you from taking the first step. Here are some common misconceptions about counseling you shouldn’t believe:
- Counseling is only intended for severe mental illnesses: This is one of the biggest myths about mental health counseling. The truth is that you don’t have to suffer from a severe condition like bipolar disorder or schizophrenia to benefit from therapy. You can go to therapy to address a wide range of issues. For example, you may want to talk to a counselor after a loved one has died or you’ve gone through a divorce.
- Mental health counselors just listen to people vent: A large part of therapy is expressing your thoughts, worries and desires to your counselor. However, a mental health counselor will do much more than just listen to your complaints. He or she will help you set goals, teach coping techniques and even assign homework for you to do.
- Counseling is too expensive: Unfortunately, some people are reluctant to go to counseling because they think they can’t afford it. However, mental health counseling is more affordable than you think and your health insurance company may cover it. There are also some clinics that offer a sliding scale based on your income. Additionally, counseling is a great investment and can help you live a more fulfilling life.
- Only the weak need mental health counseling: This couldn’t be farther from the truth. There’s nothing weak about seeking help for your mental health. In fact, you’re brave and smart for recognizing that you may need counseling in Inverness, IL.
- You can just talk to family and friends: When you’re struggling with your mental health, it’s nice to have family and friends to lean on. However, they’re not mental health therapists. Therapists undergo a lot of training to learn how to properly diagnose and treat mental health problems. A counselor doesn’t know you personally, so he or she won’t be biased. He or she will give you objective advice.
- You have to be in counseling forever: Some people believe that once they start counseling in Inverness, IL, they’ll have to be in it for the rest of their lives. How long you have to attend therapy will depend on your own unique problems and difficulties.
How Does Counseling Fit Into a Broader Approach to Wellness?
It is important to understand that counseling is not a “one size fits all” approach to wellness. Some individuals are already so attentive to their health and wellness needs that adding counseling into their “regular routine” proves to be the last needed piece of a very complex puzzle. However, many others find that as they begin attending counseling sessions, other areas of their health and wellness journey remain unattended to. Starting counseling sessions tends to inspire individuals to make better choices in their daily lives and often inspires them to adhere faithfully to various healthy habits.
Additionally, it is important to understand that if you are not already taking a broad, inclusive approach to addressing your health and wellness needs that the Lotus Wellness Center can help. We will never pressure you to add other services onto your itinerary as you start counseling. However, you may determine that exploring some of these services could benefit you. For example, you may opt to being getting regular massages to help with your anxiety and acupuncture to help with certain symptoms related to your depression. Everyone’s health and wellness needs are unique in that no two people require the exact same approach to health and wellness. Part of your counseling journey may involve figuring out which other resources and/or tools your specific journey could benefit from.
What if I Had a Bad Experience with Counseling in the Past?
All too often, individuals who could benefit from attending counseling sessions shy away from this opportunity because they have had unwelcome experiences with counseling in the past. It is important to adjust your expectations to every new counseling setting, as no two settings are exactly alike. It may take working with more than one counselor to find your perfect “fit.” It may also take you some time to process the unfortunate experiences you’ve had in the past in order to move forward in a fully present way. That’s okay. Understanding that counseling has long proven to be an excellent resource (when patients are matched with practitioners who meet their needs) can help you to “try again” (and try again after that, if necessary) until you find what you’re looking for in a counseling relationship.
Counseling Assistance Is Available
If you are interested in exploring whether attending counseling may be beneficial for you at this time in your life, connect with the experienced team at the Lotus Wellness Center to learn more about your options. Investing a little of your time now may make a big difference to your health and wellbeing over time.
How Counseling Can Benefit You
There are a lot of positive outcomes from going to counseling. Going to counseling can improve your mood, your interactions with others, your ability to do your job, and so much more. It is never too soon to seek the support you need. Call us at the Lotus Wellness Center today to sign up for a consultation for counseling in Inverness, IL. Once you have found a counselor that you feel comfortable with, you may start seeing improvements in a number of areas.
- Managing your stress: Stress is something that everyone experiences and in small amounts it can be healthy and helpful. However, if you notice you are irritable, frantic, or apathetic, stress may be impeding your life. A counselor can work with you to identify stressors in your life and provide you with tools that will allow you to better manage them.
- Regulating your emotions: Do you find yourself lashing out at your co-workers or family? Are you crying or becoming overly angry about matters when you weren’t previously? Regulating your emotions can be difficult, especially when you are feeling stressed. Learning anger management and stress reduction techniques will benefit you and your relationships.
- Developing healthy coping skills: Stress can lead to unhealthy habits. To deal with stress we might eat poorly, drink excessively, or spend hours watching TV to help you avoid thinking or addressing the problem at hand. These habits may even create new problems for you. Counseling can help you develop healthy coping skills and address the issue at hand.
- Enhancing your relationships: Strong relationships require boundaries. But if you find it challenging to get close to others, being assertive or handling conflict you may struggle to set healthy boundaries. Counseling in Inverness, IL can provide you with tools to improve your communication skills and help you better understand what support you need in a relationship and how you can better support others.
- Dealing with change: Change is a part of life, but large or sudden changes can be hard to work through. Starting a new job, losing a loved one, moving to a new place, or becoming a parent may leave you feeling worried and insecure. A counselor can offer emotional support and strategies to adapt to these life changes.
- Increasing your productivity: Feeling worried can bog down your ability to get things done. You may feel easily distracted or have a hard time focusing on the work at hand. Going to counseling can help you process your feelings and teach you techniques to refocus your thoughts so you are more productive.
- Finding a positive outlook: When you are anxious, you are often making negative assumptions about yourself or the future. You can get stuck in thought patterns that lead you to believe the worst case scenario, which can lead to even more stress. Understanding how to break out of these cycles will allow you to feel happier and be more productive.
These are just a few of the ways that counseling can benefit you. It’s never too soon to reduce stress from your life and start feeling happier. Enroll in counseling in Inverness, IL today by contacting us at the Lotus Wellness Center!
More Examples of Mental Health Issues
It is important for everyone to think about their mental health. Mental health issues are more common than many people realize. It is important for everyone to find a mental health professional who can help them. This might include counseling in Inverness, IL, such as a professional from the Lotus Wellness Center. What are a few of the most common examples of mental health issues that people might be facing?
Substance Abuse and Addiction
One of the most common mental health issues from which people suffer is substance abuse and addiction. Even though many people believe substance abuse is something someone should just get over, it is incredibly challenging to break such a difficult habit. For this reason, it is important for everyone struggling with substance abuse and addiction to reach out to a mental health professional who can help them. It can be challenging to overcome withdrawal symptoms, and everyone needs to learn how to cope with cravings.
Another mental health issue that many people deal with is depression. A lot of people are wondering what causes depression, but there are multiple contributing factors. Sometimes, people are genetically predisposed to developing depression. Depression can present in many ways, but some of the most common symptoms include sleep problems, feelings of guilt, and changes in appetite. It is important for people suffering from depression to look for counseling in Inverness, IL.
There are lots of people who suffer from anxiety as well. Anxiety comes in many shapes and forms. Some people have social anxiety while other people have generalized anxiety. There are even some people who develop panic attacks from time to time. Anxiety can have a tremendous impact on someone’s overall quality of life. That is why it is critical for people who suffer from anxiety to seek the help of a mental health professional with experience in this area.
Call a Mental Health Professional
Just like other medical issues, mental health issues can vary widely in terms of their scope and severity. It is important for everyone to work with a professional who can customize their treatment plan to meet their needs. That is why many people are looking for counseling in Inverness, IL, such as a therapist from the Lotus Wellness Center, who can help them. If you have questions or concerns about your mental health, make sure you reach out to a professional who can help you.
Counseling Inverness, IL
It is a big step to consider finding counseling in Inverness, IL and it can be a daunting one. Where do you start to look for a therapist that can help you? While there are many therapists offering their services, finding someone you like takes effort, especially if you have never seen a therapist before.
There are plenty of ways you can go about finding therapists in your area. From talking to friends and family to searching on the web. No matter the method you decide you should know what makes a good therapist for you. Not every therapist is going to be a match and that is okay. Don’t get discouraged if the first counselor you meet isn’t a good fit.
Finding the Right Counselor for You
Before you start you should note that the person you find should always be licensed. With these helpful hints always make sure that the person you are going to is licensed to work in the state you are in and has the proper training. Here are some ways to help you find the right counselor:
Every therapist you meet must meet state qualifications. This is different for every state but most include these:
- Passing a licensing test
- Passing a background check
- Preforming a certain number of supervised hours
- Maintaining continuing education credits
Once you know that you can start to look for their area of expertise. This is where you can learn if they have experience treating someone with concerns like yours. If you can’t find that information on their website then call them. They can tell you what kind of patients they work with. So if you need help with family then you should find a family therapist that specializes in that field.
While all therapists are trained in compassion and understanding, having a therapist who is part of your community can make a difference. Many people find it easier to open up to someone who “gets” their experiences. This is even more true for people from marginalized groups. Here are some things to consider:
- Gender identity
- Racial or cultural background
- Specialization in LGBTQIA+ issues
- Religious affiliations
What it comes down to is how comfortable you are with your therapist. If you don’t feel like you can be open and honest with your therapist then you should find yourself a new one. The goal of therapy is to be open and communicate.
Know Your Counseling Goals
Figuring out what you want from counseling can help you find the right counselor for you. You need to know what issue you are wanting to tackle when you consider going to counseling. Here are some areas that you may want to think about before you find a counselor:
- How to deal with stress
- Healing from a trauma you experienced
- Conquering any phobias
- Interpersonal relationships
- Handling grief
- A mental health condition you have or think you might have
- Any emotional issue in your life
Once you know what you want from counseling it makes the process of finding someone easier. As then you can find someone who is going to make your goals and help you reach them.
Expect to Try a Few
Finding a match can take some trial and error. Trying out several different counselors is a normal part of the process for many people. Don’t be alarmed if you don’t click with the first one you meet. It is all about building a relationship after all.
Once you find one you click with, then the process can be incredibly beneficial for you over the long term. It is often a long journey to find the right counselor but it is worth holding out for till you do.
Finding counseling in Inverness, IL doesn’t have to be stressful and you can contact the Lotus Wellness Center for more information.
If you’re currently struggling with your mental health, counseling in Inverness, IL may be beneficial. A licensed mental health professional will talk with you about your issues in a private setting and offer solutions. Here are some frequently asked questions and answers about counseling.
What Types of Issues Can a Counselor Help With?
A licensed mental health counselor can help people with a wide range of concerns. Some people may go to counseling to address their self-esteem issues and learn how to be a more well-rounded person. Others may attend counseling after the death of a loved one to learn how to process their grief. There are also many people who go to counseling for specific issues, like depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder and substance abuse.
What Should I Expect During My First Counseling Session?
During your initial counseling session, you will likely first be asked to fill out paperwork, like insurance information, medical history and a questionnaire about your symptoms. Your counselor will ask you various questions, like what brought you to counseling, what your childhood was like and what your current symptoms are. When the counselor is finished asking questions, don’t hesitate to ask questions of your own. For instance, you may want to ask about the counselor’s training and experience.
How Can I Make the Most Out of My Counseling Sessions?
In order for counseling in Inverness, IL to be worthwhile, you must be completely honest with your counselor. If your counselor doesn’t know the truth about how you’re feeling, he or she can’t fully help you. It’s also important to follow your counselor’s advice. For example, if your counselor advises you to write in a journal, you should do that.
Is Every Counseling Session Confidential?
A concern some people have before starting counseling is if their sessions will be confidential or not. Counselors have a legal and ethical obligation to keep everything you say during your sessions private. However, there are some exceptions to this rule. If your counselor believes you will harm yourself or others, he or she is obligated to alert the proper authorities.
How Many Counseling Sessions Will I Need?
The number of counseling sessions will depend on the type and severity of your mental health concern. Some people can resolve their issues within a few sessions while others need to be in counseling longer.
Schedule an appointment today for counseling in Inverness, IL at Lotus Wellness Center.
As healing and rewarding counseling in Inverness, IL from Lotus Wellness Center can be for a person’s mental health, it is only normal to be nervous before a session. Preparing for therapy can ease the initial anxiety that comes with attending your first counseling session. If you are considering going to therapy, here are a few questions you can ask yourself to help get you more prepared:
What are your goals and intentions?
Before you go to the session, outline what your therapy goals are. Each person’s reasons for therapy will be unique to them. What made you consider going to therapy, and what do you hope to gain when you leave? If you have tried therapy before, assess what your past therapists were like and what worked best for you. Therapy is productive when there is introspection. What is it that is weighing on you the most, making you feel unhappy or unmotivated?
What are realistic expectations or outcomes?
Therapy is a useful tool that can be incredibly beneficial to someone’s life. However, it often takes more than a single appointment to feel the positive effects of IL, Inverness counseling sessions. See that your expectations are realistic, and be willing to put in the time and effort to get the most out of it. Keep in mind, it may take several weeks or even years until you reach your intended goal. Your therapist may not have all the answers for you, but they can support you as you find it for yourself.
Have you given yourself credit yet?
As a therapist from Lotus Wellness Center knows, taking the step to get help for mental health is not an easy one. The fact that you are considering going to therapy for something you are struggling with already means you are on the right track to improved wellness. So, don’t forget to give yourself credit for searching potential therapy offices and wanting better for your mental health.
Contact Lotus Wellness Center
If you haven’t gone to therapy before, there’s no way to know how you will feel afterwards. For some, they feel relief and fine enough to go about responsibilities or work. But for others, they may need the rest of the day to process their feelings and some truths that the session revealed. Neither need is right or wrong, but you may want to keep the rest of the day flexible in terms of obligations. Call a therapist today to hear more about Illinois counseling in Inverness at Lotus Wellness Center.
Virtual Counseling: Can it Help You?
In-person appointments for counseling in Inverness, Illinois are an effective technique to overcome any personal challenges you may be facing in your life. But some people don’t have the time or energy to dedicate to a commute, a potential wait in the waiting room, and an in-person meeting with someone they haven’t even met yet.
Having time is a luxury. And it’s a luxury many people can’t afford. Fortunately, you can try a virtual counseling appointment if you’re pressed for time, or just can’t get out of the house at the moment. Read on to learn a little more about the benefits of virtual counseling, and see how Lotus Wellness Center can help you.
More than Just Convenience
Virtual counseling is definitely an improvement over having to commute to an appointment, but the positives don’t stop there. In fact, for some clients, virtual counseling may be the best option for overcoming their social anxiety. If you dread the thought of going outside and dealing with strangers, virtual counseling can keep you in your safe space.
Another benefit of virtual counseling is the minimal stress. If you need to commute, chances are you have to deal with traffic, and a constantly-ticking clock reminding you how close you are to missing your appointment. You may feel more and more pressured the closer you get to the office, and by the time you’re actually in your counseling session, you may feel too exhausted to make any breakthroughs. It’s a huge problem – especially if you’re seeking counseling for stress management.
If you choose virtual counseling, the stress of your commute is cut out of the picture. No more dealing with those red lights that last WAY too long, or those other drivers on their phones that can give you a mini-heart attack. You don’t even need to search for a good parking spot. All you have to do is set an appointment time that works best for your schedule, and meet with your counselor from the safety of your home (or anywhere else that makes you comfortable).
A Better Snapshot of Your Life
Communication is key to any successful counseling session. While a face-to-face session can yield excellent results, virtual sessions can provide great communications in ways most people don’t expect. For example, you can show your counselor some meaningful photos or souvenirs you have around your house to better illustrate your personal situation, or you can even take your counselor on a walk to show him or her some of your favorite spaces. Virtual therapy opens many doors to effective counseling, and Lotus Wellness Center is here to help.
Contact Lotus Wellness Center Today
If you’re looking for counseling in Inverness, IL, the specialists at Lotus Wellness Center are ready to help. If you’re struggling with anxiety, depression, or anything else, we’re able to meet with you on your own terms to help you overcome any challenges in your life – and we’re happy to provide a safe space, physically or virtually.
You don’t need to agonize over how and when you can make your appointments, or whether you’ll have enough energy at the end (or middle, or beginning) of a long week for a meaningful and effective session. Get in touch with us today, schedule an appointment, and get started on your journey with counseling in Inverness, IL.