At Home Chiropractor Barrington, IL
Questions to Ask Your Chiropractor
During your first chiropractic appointment, your at home chiropractor in Barrington, IL should not be the only person asking questions. Here are several questions you should ask your chiropractor:
- Do You Have Experience Treating My Condition? Chiropractic care can treat a wide range of health conditions, and not all chiropractors have the same type of experience. It is a good idea to work with a chiropractor who has experience treating your specific condition. For example, if you have osteoporosis, you will want to work with a chiropractor who uses a low-force technique.
- How Many Sessions Will I Require? Not everyone needs the same number of chiropractic sessions. Generally, the more severe your condition is, the more appointments you will require. After an assessment, your chiropractor should be able to tell you the approximate number of sessions you will need.
- Do You Take X-Rays? It’s crucial to work with a chiropractor who takes x-rays before treating your conditions. X-rays will determine if you have fractures and assess the condition of your joints and discs.
- Will You Teach Me Prevention Techniques? After chiropractic care treats your condition, you want to do everything you can to prevent experiencing the same issue in the future. That’s why you should find an at home chiropractor in Barrington, IL who is willing to teach you prevention techniques. For instance, if you suffer from neck pain, your chiropractor may show you how to adjust your posture when you sit in a chair for several hours.
- What Results Should I Expect? Before you have your first chiropractic treatment, you should know what you should expect from it. Ask your chiropractor the types of side effects you may have after your treatment. Many patients experience minimal discomfort during adjustments, but may feel sore for a couple of days afterward.
- How Much Will This Cost? While your insurance benefits may cover the majority of your chiropractic sessions, you should still know how much the sessions will cost. If you don’t have insurance, find out if your chiropractor offers payment plans.
- Can You Provide References? A reputable at home chiropractor in Barrington, IL should be more than happy to provide a list of references. Contact these references and ask them if they were satisfied with the services or not. Ask them if they would go to this chiropractor again in the future.
Chiropractic care is great for a wide range of people and although you may have never done it before, there is a first time for everything. Chiropractic care offers amazing benefits for all different kinds of people and offers benefits for almost everyone. You should always speak to your primary care physician before undergoing chiropractic treatments, then we would be happy to speak with you about what to expect at your first session.
Your First Session
At our first meeting, we will speak about what kind of treatments you may need and come up with a plan to move forward. Feel free to ask any questions about concerns you may have and always know that you should speak up during a chiropractic session if anything feels uncomfortable. The at home chiropractors in Illinois from Lotus Wellness will be happy to make sure you are comfortable throughout the entire session and you can go at whatever pace you would like.
Depending on how much chatting we do during your consultation session, we may or may not have time to do an adjustment. We will make sure you feel ready to get started and will walk you through each step so that you know what is going on throughout the process and can feel comfortable. You may hear popping or cracking sounds during the adjustment, but this is normal and safe.
Moving Forward with Chiropractic Treatments
After your first session, we will come up with a treatment plan and you will know what to expect moving forward. Your chiropractor may assign some light stretches and exercises that you can do between sessions to continue to improve your health and wellness, or may recommend different foods to eat or vitamins to consume to improve your immunity. You should always be open about all of your health goals to your chiropractor, as chiropractic care can help a very wide array of ailments. There can be adjustments that help with immune health and other things, so a chiropractor from Lotus Wellness Center will be happy to work this into your plan of care.
Regular Check-Ins with Your Chiropractor
Your at home chiropractor will continually ask how you are doing and what improvements you are seeing in your everyday life. We want to see you improve and be healthy, so it is important to keep us in the loop so we can figure out what is helping and what else may be important to add. Chiropractic care is good upkeep for your body and should improve your overall wellness. People’s lives change on a regular basis, so as your lifestyle changes your chiropractic needs may as well. This is great and we will be happy to pivot and adjust as much as you would like.
Benefits of At Home Care
Having a chiropractor come to your home is an enormous benefit, as he or she can look at your living space to see if anything could be adjusted to help with your ergonomics while in the kitchen, at an at-home office, or anything of the like. You also do not have to drive anywhere or waste a big portion of your day. By doing at home care, you are able to spend your time doing other things, rather than commuting. It also allows individuals who are less mobile to still be able to get care. Contact someone at Lotus Wellness Center today to schedule a consultation right away. We will be ready to schedule your appointment as soon as possible!