Reasons to Seek Counseling in Palatine, IL
Marital problems can quickly increase your stress level. If you and your partner have been at odds, it may make sense to seek the help of a professional. The Lotus Wellness Center may be able to help you and your partner share your troubles and find common ground in counseling. It is common for two people in a relationship to go through rough periods, getting the help that you need early on will give you a greater chance of being able to repair the issues coming up in your relationship.
Key Questions to Ask a Prospective Palatine, IL Therapist
When in the market for a good therapist, it is important to do your research. You will want to ensure that you find a professional who is experienced and credentialed. Once you have narrowed down your options, it will be important that you either speak with the therapist by phone or meet with them in person. You will want to make sure that the therapist feels like a good fit for both you and your partner. Here are some important questions to ask a prospective therapist when you speak with them:
- What are their beliefs and values?
- What is their experience?
- What is their perspective on divorce and separation?
- You will want to find out if they accept your insurance
- What is their therapeutic approach?
- What are your credentials?
- What will happen at a typical therapy session?
Taking the time to ask a therapist questions about their beliefs and therapeutic practice will help when making a decision.
Signs You Should Call a Therapist
Relationship problems can impact all aspects of your life. You and your partner are supposed to support one another, love one another, and listen to one another. When this is missing, it can leave a person feeling lonely and lost. Here are some signs it may be time to seek counseling from a professional:
- You and your partner are no longer communicating with each other
- When any type of communication involves some sort of argument, it may be a good idea to contact a therapist
- If you are constantly worried that communication will lead to an argument, or you are emotionally impacted in a negative way.
- By cutting off communication with one another, you lack the ability to discuss any problems in the relationship.
- If you are considering an affair
- If you are unable to see the way in which you are contributing negatively to the relationship.
- Playing the blame game when everything is your partner’s fault
There are a number of reasons to engage in couples counseling. Relationship issues are more common than most people realize. The sooner you and your partner take the plunge, the better chance you will have at repairing your relationship.
It can be stressful and exhausting when you are not getting along with your partner. The impact can be widespread as it can have a serious impact on everyone living in your home, especially your children. Call the Lotus Wellness Center for counseling in Palatine, IL. We are dedicated to helping you and your partner build upon your strengths as a couple.