Hypnotherapist Schaumburg, IL
The use of hypnosis as a form of alternative treatment for patients is not a new phenomenon, but has grown in popularity as individuals look to try other methods of treatment for various physical and mental conditions. Hypnotherapy has a wide range of benefits. Since it relies on the patient’s own mental activity and willpower rather than on medication or instruments as treatment methods, there is lesser risk involved compared to more invasive treatment solutions. Prescription drugs, acupuncture, and other types of remedies involve a higher level of risk, discomfort, or pain tolerance. Patients under hypnosis can simply focus on entering a relaxed mental state to better manage triggers or side effects of their conditions. You may benefit from hypnotherapy if the following applies to you:
- Are you experiencing compulsive behaviors?
- Do you have fears or phobias?
- Are you struggling with certain addictions?
It may be beneficial for you to try asking a therapist if hypnosis would complement your treatment sessions. If so, a hypnotherapist Schaumburg, IL trusts may be able to help you.
What is Hypnotherapy?
Hypnotherapy, or the practice of using hypnosis to complement traditional therapy treatments dates back to the 18th century, when German doctor Franz Mesmer decided to test if hypnosis could be useful for treating patients. Modern hypnotherapy today involves a variety of techniques to help patients cope with stress, anxiety, depression, and mental illnesses.
Hypnosis focuses on reframing the subconscious thought patterns that tend to control our day to day lives. When done by a trained therapist, it is considered a safe and effective form of treatment for those struggling with a variety of mental health issues. It is a procedure that allows the individual to discover ways to cope with stress, anxiety, or pain. It can be done at any time, such as after a traumatic incident or before an important health screening. Hypnosis can be helpful for calming patients and to control their stress. When people are under hypnosis, they are also more susceptible to suggestions that the subject is already acceptable of. Hypnosis has shown to improve a patient’s concentration, memory, and focus. Many of these automatic patterns are absolutely necessary for survival; however, there are also many that can negatively impact your wellbeing.
Hypnosis Myths and Misconceptions
Contrary to what many people may believe about hypnosis, it is not comparable to sleep or coercion. When a patient is under hypnosis, they are willing participants and are still fully aware and responsive to their environment. They experience a trance-like state and are acting under the guidance of the therapist. Hypnosis would not be effective on people who are skeptical of hypnosis or try to resist the treatment when it is being done on them. Once the therapist is done with the hypnosis treatment, the patient reverts back to their normal mental state. If you have other questions about what hypnosis is like and how patient experience differs, ask a certified therapist who can explain to you more about the procedure and its benefits.
As a Schaumburg, Illinois hypnotherapist might explain to you, it is possible to reverse conditions or impulsions that are driven by subconscious thought patterns. In hypnotherapy sessions, the goals will be to:
- Identify the root cause of the condition, pattern, or behavior
- Provide practical suggestions for reframing that negative behavior
- Reinforce the behavior in follow up sessions
What Can Hypnotherapy Treat
In particular, a hypnotherapist in Schaumburg, IL may be able to address and treat:
- Compulsive Behaviors – Overeating, procrastination, or other compulsive behaviors are often rooted in faulty subconscious thought patterns or associations. For example, overeating can be associated with rewards. Hypnosis can help you to identify these patterns, and develop healthy ways to overcome them. It can affect your subconscious thoughts and direct your thoughts to manage your behavior patterns.
- Fears or Phobias – Fear of the doctor, fear of small spaces, fear of certain objects, are all examples of phobias. Yet, they are often a result of irrational thought processes. Hypnotherapy sessions can quiet these thoughts and replace them with better associations.
- Addictions – Addiction can alter the subconscious mind through repetitive behaviors. For example, most smokers will have specific rituals, such as smoking after eating. Hypnosis can help you to identify and reframe these automatic behaviors. The sessions can benefit people who are addicted to cigarettes, alcohol, drugs, gambling, shopping, food, and more.
- Depression – Depression can control the subconscious mind. The result may be a feedback of negative thoughts and ideas. A Schaumburg, IL hypnotherapist can help to isolate the cause of the depression and reduce the negative thought patterns. By reducing these patterns, you can begin to feel more confident, have more energy, get better sleep, and overall improve your daily life.
- Stress – Stress can be very harmful to the body and cause a number of health problems. By reducing stress you can live a healthier and more enjoyable life. However, stress can be amplified by the subconscious thought patterns. Hypnosis can help you to gain an understanding of what is causing the stress, and enable you to take control of the situation; thus, reduce your stress load. Hypnosis has also shown to be especially effective for some patients who suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Pain Management – Pain tolerance can be strongly influenced by a person’s thoughts. Hypnosis helps to increase a patient’s level of pain tolerance associated with headaches, surgeries, cancers, radiation treatment, dental procedures, chronic conditions, or other issues.
The Lotus Wellness Center for Hypnotherapy in Schaumburg, IL
The above are only some conditions that can be addressed and treated by a certified hypnotherapist. As with any form of treatment, you should speak to a therapist to see if hypnotherapy would be helpful for managing your condition. If you are interested in learning about hypnotherapy and how it may benefit you, please reach out to Lotus Wellness Center. We will be happy to discuss your concerns and questions, and arrange a time that you can meet your hypnotherapist in Schaumburg, IL. Give us a call today.