Addiction Therapy Palatine, IL
The decision to see a therapist for addiction therapy in Palatine, IL at Lotus Wellness Center is very personal. It is a decision that should be based on your own desire to change the pattern you are in. While there are some people who may be stuck in thinking that therapy for addiction does not work, there are many more who will say it does.
Why Therapy Can Help with Addiction
Therapy or counseling can be beneficial for a myriad of issues, including struggles with addiction. A therapist in Palatine, IL for addiction therapy can help treat your challenges by using various approaches, such as talk therapy, mindfulness, hypnotherapy, reiki, and much more. The following list includes the more common diagnoses and life changes that bring people to see a member of our team at Lotus Wellness Center:
- Bipolar disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Negative thought patterns
- Domestic abuse
- Difficulty conceiving
- Physical ailments
- Illness of a loved one
- Behavioral issues with a child
- Couples counseling
- Substance abuse
Reasons to Seek Therapy for Addiction
The number one reason to seek therapy is so that you can live the best life possible. That may sound cliché and hokey but it is simple logic. There are times where we legitimately face seemingly impossible obstacles in life and just need to talk it out in a safe space. When provided the opportunity to verbally process difficult subjects, one can begin to see the issue in a more realistic and manageable way. Ultimately, in making the decision to pursue better mental health, you are choosing yourself.
How to Find the Right Therapist for You
After deciding to seek addiction therapy in the Illinois area, you may wonder, what is the next step? The answer is to find a therapist who will best suit you and your needs. There are some key things to consider in order to get to the best fit for you:
- Specialty- Find a therapist who has experience with problems and issues similar to the ones you are dealing with. You would not see a heart surgeon for a knee replacement so why would you see a couple’s counselor for depression? Rest assured, all of our staff at Lotus Wellness Center are licensed mental health professionals.
- Insurance coverage- If you have insurance, we can check to see if the care you are seeking from us can be covered under your plan.
- Out of pocket options- If money is an issue, we can offer you several flexible payment options so that you can still get the treatment you desire right away.
- Gender considerations- You may want to ask yourself, are you more comfortable speaking with a man or a woman? There are no judgements regarding your answer, but please let us know when booking your therapy session so we can find the best match for you.
What to Expect From the Process
The key word here is process. Going to your first session for therapy is your starting point. It is important to keep in mind that this is not a contest nor is it a race. Rather, it is an opportunity for you to really explore hurdles that you are facing or have faced and how that is currently impacting your everyday life and ability to thrive. If you want to know more, please do not hesitate to reach out to a therapist about IL addiction therapy in Palatine from Lotus Wellness Center.