Call or text us at 773-592-7227. Send as a message right now!
A message from Lous Wellness Center
As a healthcare and wellness community, the safety of our clinicians, clients, and everyone’s family’s are our top priority. As we are all aware, we are facing an extremely serious threat to the health and well-being of our country and the world. Because COVID-19 is present for many days before symptoms become apparent, it typically spreads without warning. Thus, the only way to slow down the transmission of the disease is to institute social distancing measures. It seems that we have entered a period of time where each of us needs to prioritize our own health and well-being by limiting our exposure to others – for the sake of ourselves, and the sake of others.
For this reason, following the lead of local health and government officials, Lotus Wellness Center is instituting the following actions:
Protocols for the next two weeks at Lotus Wellness Center-
- For the next two weeks, we will be switching all our counseling sessions to a confidential, video and audio platform rather than seeing clients in the office
- We can do Zoom (confidential, HIPAA compliant), Facetime (confidential, HIPAA compliant), or phone sessions
- Zoom is an easy to use confidential platform that we have had no technical issues with.
- If you are not able to do a video call because you do not feel safe to talk around family members, please go to your car/go for a walk etc You can discuss a shorter appointment time if needed with your clinician. In times of crisis and uncertainty it is very important not to neglect our emotional and psychological well-being
- As we switch to Zoom, we do have options for another platform in case there are glitches or technical issues
- Telehealth will incur the same fees as counseling in the office. We will bill insurance, but you are responsible for copays, late cancellation fees, and self-pays.
- We will continue to update you on the temporary changes and closely watch this evolving situation. Please watch our Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/lotuswellnesscenterIL/, or connect with us via text 773-592-7227 for more information
- We apologize for any inconvenience, but safety is our top priority and we hope that in these challenging time, there is an opportunity for all of us to come together and work together to elicit a global change. Our goal is to be a support
Zoom Meeting application – can be used on the phone or iPads
Download ZOOM Cloud Meeting on your phone or iPad– Confidential and HIPAA compliant meeting space
You should receive an email with an invitation to the meeting – you just join the meeting, no need to sign up
At the time of your appointment (not earlier), you can click on the email link
Once you click on the email link, it will open up the app and say waiting for host
Select Call using internet audio
Tap the middle of the screen and buttons will pop up on top and bottom –
- The bottom left – click Start video button
- Make sure the top left (audio) is on (no x near it).
- To end meeting click End on top right and leave meeting
Coming together as a community
- Right now more than ever, it is a time for us not to emotionally isolate and induce internal panic, but to come together and support one another. Extend a helping hand to others, donate time/money/support to organizations getting out into the community and making sure that people have food and medical necessities. This even means giving a neighbor in need a roll of the toilet paper you bought!
- This is also a time to get back to the simpler and important things in life. If your job is asking/enforcing you to work from home, spend an extra moment hugging your family, playing games and taking necessary breaks. Get back to the human connection that we have become so disconnected from.
- Self-care, self-care, self-care – if there is a book you haven’t gotten to, a movie you long to see, or sleep you need to catch up on- give yourself permission to do so and make an appointment with yourself to get this done
- Eat healthy- make sure that you stock up on frozen fruits and veggies, soups, etc. Try to limit your intake of junk foods
- Even if you are taking a break from the gym, move around, stretch, put on some music and dance for five minutes. Get back to connecting and feeling your body!
- Remember that stress decreases the immune system and alters your ability to fight infection.
- Spend some time in nature in the upcoming weeks, reconnect and be mindful of your surroundings,
- Some great apps to help supplement therapy:
- Calm app
- Headspace app
- Oak meditation app
- Insight timer app
- DownDog yoga app is free until April!
- There are a tonnnnn of youtube videos for meditation, relaxation, and yoga videos to try out
You can help stop the spread of coronavirus and other germs by following these simple tips:
Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; dry hands with a clean towel or air dry hands.Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer (with at least 60% alcohol content) when soap and water are unavailable.Cover your mouth with a tissue or upper sleeve when sneezing or coughing; throw the tissue away and then wash or sanitize your hands.Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.Stay home when you are sick.Avoid contact with people who are sick.Clean and disinfect “high-touch” surfaces often (i.e. door handles, counters, phones, toilets)Use good health habits (get enough sleep, eat foods that support your body, drink plenty of water, stay active).
We are committed to creating a healthy and welcoming place of safety and growth.
We know this is a confusing, painful and potentially lonely time. We deeply care about our clients and our community and hope to stay connected as much as possible. Thank you for trusting us and we look forward to connecting with you on our virtual platform for the time being.